Every year millions of people across the world suffer from back pain! According to recent studies by the US Labor Bureau back pain is one of the leading causes of missed work. If you or are a loved one suffer from back pain there are many options available to help relieve your pain symptoms, some of these options work wonders while others aren’t worth the box they came in. We reviewed some of the most popular over the counter Back Pain Relieving Products on the market to see which products made our list read below.
Back Magic Plus
The Back Magic Plus is a lumbar extender that is used to loosen up tight muscles and relieve back pain caused by various reasons, such as excessive flexion, pain due to overworking, and poor spinal alignment, to name a few.
For those with any type of back pain, poor spinal alignment, or those who feel a tightness in their back muscles and need relief: you would benefit greatly from this product. The Back Magic Plus is a lightweight and practical device. You simply place it on the floor, where the base is flush with the ground, and you lay on the arch (which extends the back muscles and acts as a spinal cradle).
It is best used by laying down slowly on the arch, with your lumbar region (lower back), being placed on the arch first, and followed by the upper back, until your body is laying fully on the arch. Putting your arms above your head will help stretch your back muscles more efficiently and will help to align the spine with the assistance of the spine cradle.
- Size: 15-inches long on the base and 18-inches on the arch.
- Trigger Point Massage top with 10 thumb tip-shaped nodes on each side of the spine cradle to provide a massage effect during lumbar extension.
- Massage and extension purposes based off of the same principles as Shiatsu and Reflexology.
The Back Magic Plus is used and endorsed by massage therapists, physical trainers, chiropractors, physicians, and professional athletes, which lends enormous credibility to the success of this product.
Only the Back Magic Plus model includes the Trigger Point Massage Top, which has nodes on either side of the spine cradle to provide a massage effect to the trigger points along the spine.
It is lightweight, adjustable, compact, and portable.
It takes between 2-5 minutes to become effective and provide relief.
There are no real cons about this product, other than reports that it does not work with everyone experiencing back pain. This may be due to everyone having different types of back pain, and individuals who have certain injuries or pain may not benefit from a lumbar extender such as the Back Magic Plus.
However, some users did not like the nodes on the spine cradle.
The Back Magic Plus is an effective lumbar extender that that loosens back muscles, lessens back pain and straightens and aligns the spine. Taking only a couple minutes to work, this lightweight and adjustable arch support feels great and is endorsed and used by medical professionals, trainers, athletes, and regular hard-working people.
While some users did not like the nodes on the spine cradle, note that the Back Magic Plus is the only model to include the nodes. Potential users should consider the regular Back Magic for an arch without the raised massage nodes.
Your solution to back pain, poor spinal alignment, or a tight back may be answered by the Back Magic Plus. This product has been praised by professionals and patients alike, who praise its efficiency and pain relief.
Spine-Worx Back Realignment Device
The Spine-Worx Back Realignment Device by Spineworx, is as it sounds, a back realignment device that allows the user to realign their vertebrae (spine) to their natural position. Those with poor back alignment, muscular pain, back pain, and back pressure or irritation, are those who would benefit from this project.
It works by using the user’s own body weight to naturally apply controlled pressure to the spinal vertebrae. When the user lies on the device, their spine is firmly pressed against the length of two unique and padded contoured rails, which are injection-molded to fit the natural shape of the mid- and lower back (the thoracic and lumbar regions of the back).
- Portable and lightweight at only 2 pounds.
- Spine-Worx is FDA approved for sale to relieve back pain.
- Designed by a chiropractor and approved by medical professionals
- Some users with shoulder, hip, and knee problems found it difficult to use because of the tension it put on their back, causing any unpredicted motion to cause them pain. It is suggested that those with spinal or back problems as a main issue use this device. Those with additional injuries that may make it difficult to lay on the ground and use one’s body weight to realign the spine and relax the back muscles, may want to speak first with a chiropractor or doctor.
- Users noted that you will need a good pillow to support your neck and head. Otherwise, the flexion of the neck as the user lays down on the device, will cause a stiff neck.
- Some thought that the spine cradles were too narrow and that the contoured rails were great for deep tissue pressure around the vertebra, but didn’t them in adjusting their spine.
The Spine-Worx Back Realignment Device is a highly recommended device that has been promoted and approved by chiropractors, doctors, and the FDA, to relieve back pain. Using a good pillow to support your head and neck, you simply lay down with your spine cradling between the two, injection-molded, padded and contoured rails. Rather than an arch, your back will lay more horizontal to the ground in order to realign the spine, straighten the back, and relieve tension in your muscles.
Acting as a small, lightweight chiropractor in your home, this small device does wonders according to users, and with illustrations that explain how to use the device properly, the user can adjust the pressure in different areas by changing their positions.
What makes Spine-Worx Back realignment Device work is that when placed on a firm and level surface, and a small pillow placed to make the head and neck comfortable, you can center your vertebrae on the molded rails and use your natural weight to apply pressure to your sore muscles and spine. Be sure to wait several minutes to for your back to conform to the shape of the Spine-Worx. After a few minutes, adjust your body as needed to apply pressure in areas you feel need it.
If you are experiencing back pain, spinal issues, poor back alignment, muscular pain, or back pressure, the Spine-Worx Back Realignment Device may work for you.
Nayoya Best Back and Neck Pain Relief
The Nayoya Best Back and Neck Pain Relief Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set uses acupuncture and acupressure to help your body relax, heal, and repair. The Nayoya mat provides relief from stressful back pain, fatigue, insomnia, sore muscles, and high blood pressure.
- Immediate pain relief to the back and neck.
- The Nayoya mat has 6,210 acupressure points.
- The Neckupressure Pillow has 1,782 acupressure points.
By stimulating the body’s natural ability to release hormones such as endorphins (the feel-good hormone), which has a soothing effect on your body.
The mat allows your body to recover from workouts, relieve sore muscles, and can improve your sleep.
The Nayoya mat is extremely light and portable, and is affordable to the everyday person.
This set improves circulation; relieves back pain; and according to users, the longer you use it, the more comfort it provides.
- Light and portable.
- Good for people with sciatica and coccyx pain.
- No official instructions were provided on how long to use the set for the best relief of back and neck pain.
- Some users report that it hurts a bit at first to use, as any new back pain product, until you get used to it in order benefit from it.
This affordable and lightweight mat can be taken anywhere for relief post-workout, on the road for better sleep, in the office to relieve stress and high blood pressure, and at home to relieve your fatigue and sore muscles after a long day at work or taking care of the kids. Research shows 98% of users reported pain relief, 96% reported relaxation, and 94% reported improved sleep, while 81% reported an increase in energy levels. See if the Nayoya Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set are for you.
Spinal Labs PT Lumbar Chronic Back Pain Stretcher Device
The PT Lumbar Chronic Back Pain Stretcher Device made by Spinal Labs, is an excellent back pain relief device that needs only stable and flat ground to use! This device allows the user to lay down on the ground and arch their back over the arch of the device (which contains nodules for pain relief and massage). This arching allows the user to stretch their back and use the pressure of their body to relieve chronic back pain, stress, sleep problems, and medical conditions such as sciatica.
The PT Lumbar Chronic Back Pain Stretcher Device has nodules on the sturdy arch for massage and pain relief to the back muscles. Also, the arching design of the device allows for excellent stretching of the back and lumbar support, leading to pain relief and other benefits.
- Developed by physicians, and designed and tested for effective stretching of one of the hardest parts of the spine (the lumbar region).
- Molded and manufactured from high quality materials, allowing for long-lasting durability and top-notch performance.
- Users have reported that you must give yourself time to adjust to the nodules on the arch, because they are made of a durable plastic and molded to the device. Almost all users, however, were satisfied once they were used to the device.
- It is recommended that the user puts a small pillow to use to support their head as they use this device. Since this device uses arching technology to relieve back pain, the shoulders and head are touching the ground depending on how the user lies on it. At your own discretion, use a pillow that works for you, or do without.
In all, Spinal Lab has created a highly popular product that users love for their pain relief. Having so many uses, this device can stretch the back for stress relief, insomnia, sciatica pain, back pain, muscle soreness, lumbar stress, and massage the muscles using the modules on the arch of the device using the body’s own weight.
Body Back Buddy Self-Massage Tool
The Body Back Buddy Self-Massage Tool by the Back Body Company, is an extremely highly rated and user recommended tool to massage different parts of the back and body using a device that looks like an “S,” with nodules and nodes protruding from it, to allow the user to apply pressure to different parts of the body, in this multi-use tool.
The Body Back Buddy is a trigger point massager and is designed for the user to self-massage any area of your body that is especially difficult to reach such as between shoulder blades and parts of your back. This device features an easy-to-use design to provide countless ways of applying pressure and leveraging in order to treat any area on the body to a trigger point massage.
- 11 specially designed knobs and nodes for therapeutic pressure massage.
- Relieves back pain, tight muscles, as well as relieving spasms and hitting pressure and trigger points.
- Easy to understand instructions are included so you can get the most out of this tool and be shown the different ways you can use this device on your body.
- Includes a lifetime warranty.
- Some users found the device awkward and uncomfortable to use but they praised the directions/workbook that came with the product.
The Body Back Buddy Self Massage Tool is a highly effective tool for back pain, back spasms, pain relief, and body pain. It uses trigger pressure points to relieve your pain and is perfect for those who need to relieve pain in multiple parts of their body. These users can take the device into their own hands and use the pressure point node to apply relief to meet their individual needs.
Aspen Horizon 637 Back Brace
The Aspen Horizon 637 is a medical-grade back support brace, touted as being great for post-operative patients that need lateral support and relief from back pain from surgery or an injury.
- This brace can fit those with 24-70 inch waists (although note that the optional extension panels are required for waists of 50 inches and above, and costs extra).
- Provides excellent lateral and lumbar support.
- The compression this brace provides is good enough for medical purposes, including post-operative pain relief and recovery.
- Not only great for lateral and lumbar support, this model has an integrated anterior panel in the front for extra stability, in conjunction with a flexible posterior panel that contours to the lower back for a custom fit.
- This back support can run steep in price, at some medical supply stores running up to $250 dollars. However, working with your insurance company or Medicare may alleviate some costs, since the pain use for this back support is medical-grade.
Overall, the Aspen Horizon 637 is a highly-rated and approved back brace that will relieve even your greatest pains. Intended for post-surgical recovery and pain management, this brace relieves the pain of those who require something more. Also, being wearable, the user does not have to use ground-based back/pain-relievers, which would be painful and potentially harmful for those with severe medical conditions or those who have just gotten out of surgery.
Hollywog WiTouch Wireless TENS
The Hollywog WiTouch Wireless TENS is a product that is as powerful as any professional equipment on the market. It uses TENS technology to target back pain and is wireless, thin, and contours to almost any body type. You can wear this professional-grade device under clothing and not worry about it being seen.
- 20% higher intensity output than typical, portable devices
- 2/5x coverage of the treatment area
- Contours perfectly to the back of almost any user using its thin and flexible design.
- Incorporates TENS technology to target back pain in particular.
- It has been rated for over 150, 30-minute treatments before batteries need to be changed.
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- No wires or bulkiness.
- Wireless remote controlled pain relief device.
- Users say using this product during work or sitting at a desk is excellent in pain relief due to the straightening of the back, which allows the cycles to be provide relief most effectively.
- Some users have stated that the product does work, but you cannot curve your back if you are trying to do something active such as sweeping the floor or picking things up.
This device comes highly recommended by users and some have used it in long-term situations such as cross country trips, where it made driving while having spinal conditions such as blown discs, degenerative spinal conditions, and other back problems, relieved by the use of this product.
Penetrex World’s OTC Pain Relief Cream
World’s #1 OTC Pain Relief Cream by Penetrex is a pain reliever cream that is popular amongst individuals suffering from a number of pain problems all over the body. For 5 years in a row, it is actually been ranked as Amazon’s #1 pain relief cream. This inflammation formulation concentrates its power for pain relief and recovery.
This cream is greaseless, stainless, and has a vanishing scent, making it quick and convenient to use indoors and outdoors. This cream can be used on its own for pain relief or be used as a supplemental application for those with splints, braces, ultrasound treatments, physical therapy and during massages.
- Boosted potency.
- Paraben-Free product
- Provides pain relief for those with:
- -Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tennis Elbow, Tendonitis, Bursitis, Sciatica, Back Pain, Neck Pain, Shin Splints, Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Plantar Fasciitis Heel Pain, and chronic pains throughout the body.
- Does not stain clothing and does not leave any scents.
- Comes in different size (oz.) jars.
- Users suggest rubbing the cream in thoroughly for it to be most effective.
- Users with sciatica found it more difficult to find good pain relief. However, seeing as sciatica is an internal pain, if severe enough, a cream that delivers pain relief through the skin may not be enough and you should see your doctor.
Not only is this cream great for providing relief to medical pains, but it is also great for post-gym workouts or after a run. It is also excellent for labors who have sore muscles at the end of the day or pain from their livelihood. This product by Penetrex is the most popular pain relief cream on the market and has an overwhelming positive rating by users.
Duro-Med Relax-a-Bac, Lumbar Back Support Cushion
This lumbar back support cushion by Duro-Med is an orthopedic support cushion that eases the pain that comes from sitting on chairs, in car seats, or other chairs that can cause back pain or make back pain worse.
- Orthopedic, contoured design that hugs the back of the user.
- The fit of this cushion provides lumbar support and helps keep the spine in alignment.
- A removable, solid board that can offer additional support for the user.
- Dimensions are 14” tall and 13” wide with a depth of 5”.
- Lightweight and portable.
- The foam cushion is extremely resilient.
- The included elastic strap allows the user to anchor the cushion to a chair.
- The cover is removable and is machine washable, making cleanup easy.
- Recommended by chiropractors to support the lower back and reduce slouching.
- For larger males, this cushion may be too narrow to support them.
- There are enough reports that the product has changed since 2012, to make note of. Users who have previously bought this product have stated that while buying a new one, they noticed that the product has changed and is of lower quality, including the zipper, cushion density (it appears the new ones are softer and less supportive), and the quality is imply inferior.
The orthopedic, contoured design provides a good fit for each individual who needs extra lumbar support and spinal alignment. This cushion by Duro-Med reduces slouching and provides pain relief, lumbar support and spinal alignment to those who sit for a long length of time due to their job or disability. It is highly rated and recommended by users for a host of back needs.
Ortho Back Up – Lower Back Brace For Ultimate Lumbar Support
The Ortho Back Up – Lower Back Brace for Ultimate Lumbar Support is an FDA registered and Medicare approved orthopedic device. Designed by a doctor, this belt is lightweight, comfortable, and is made to last for years.
This device provides lumbar support, reduces lumbar compression, and improves posture in its users. It features a belt that provides compression and support of the spine and lumbar region of the back, while allowing the user to wear the belt for a variety of purposes.
- The user can wear the belt for long periods of time.
- Improves neurological flow.
- Improves posture.
- Reduces lumbar compression while providing lumbar support.
- Easy to use and has a fully adjustable Velcro system.
- Some users have complained that this belt is made more for men than women—that it does not allow for room for the hips.
- While being advertised for long usage, some users could not wear it for very long due to the front portion of the belt, which holds the stomach in as to prevent hernias. This is great for those who need this support, but for others, it is a hindrance.
This belt improves spine stability and can act as a prevention aid against spine injury. This unique design holds the user in a position that reduces pain and is safe, allowing your body to heal quicker. Despite being a belt that wraps around the body, this device is not constrictive but offers good movements. Users who play golf say it doesn’t hinder their golf swing, and turning their hips is no problem. Whether it is chores around the house, yard work, or hard work, this orthopedic belt has multiple uses to provide pain relief and support your lower back.